Thursday, August 22, 2013

Where in the world is....

I've tried writing for a couple weeks now and for some reason just can't seem to get the words to flow... some days I think... AH-HA today will be the day I'll have something prolific to say...

Then I think about things going on in my life and realize not everyone wants to know what Monkey Boy said last night or how potty training is going (great btw, thanks for asking).  Not everyone wants to read about another mischievous moment he's had... or cute thing he did. Sometimes however it feels like that's all I have to talk about- I suppose that comes along with being a mother- especially of an extra special miracle (all children are miracles really, but mine is extra special) But someday's I feel like I have lost a huge part of ME along the way, today is one of those day...

Maybe it's my impending 'celebration of the day I entered the world' (AKA my birthday) or other things that are going on in the world of Monkey Boy and WoWzer... Granted the boys have both had a lot of changes and transitions and being mom and the responsible older sibling I do tend to give a lot to help them both- whatever it is... somewhere I've once again lost simply, Shonda... I'm back to being "Monkey Boy's Mom" or "WoWzers Sister".

I kind of miss being ME, I was just getting back to finding myself, accepting myself and loving myself.  I am going on a hunt for her this weekend-- I'm getting a massage and a mani/pedi, a couple little things for myself, will that help?? I hope so...
                                             
I guess my challenge for each of you is to do something for YOU this weekend- take a few minutes to just do something for yourself- (I don't mean something you NEED to do, like make that doctors appointment that's way overdue because you have to make sure everyone else is seen first) I mean something you WANT to do, just for yourself- no matter how selfish it feels...

Love,
S~S

No comments:

Post a Comment