Tuesday, August 27, 2013

20/20 Rocking FORTY Fabulously~~~~

Good afternoon my lovies!!! Hope your Tuesday is ROCKING!!!!

Last week I KNOW I was whining about getting lost in the hoopla of being Monkey Boy’s mom and WoWzers Big sisand I apologize but hey- it’s what was happening at the time and have I not warned you, that you’ll be privy to those days as well as the ones that kick ass???


Speaking of kicking ASS… Did just that this weekend!! I took Friday off (for the most part) and just went shopping for myself- not the house, not the boys, just ME- felt good to do something just for Shonda for a change.  I found an adorable dress I decided to wear Saturday night AND shoes to go with it!!! 

If you don't know I turned the BIG 4-0 on Sunday... so this weekend was about my birthday!!!!! 

Then Saturday I got a massage, a manicure/pedicure and spent the day just doing what I Wanted to do- all while knowing Monkey Boy was having a BLAST with his Ms. K.  After a day of letting other people pamper me- 

I headed home to get ready for my birthday celebration…

Not going to lie, I was a little blue when I got word that several of my friends who I expected to hang out with at the ‘after dinner party’ were going to be unable to make it… so I just canceled that part of my evening- THEN I got a late RSVP that a favorite person of mine would be joining us… YAY, all renewed and ready to rock!!!

I managed to get my hair to do what I wanted it to, (took me a few tries) and donned my little blue dress- and I must say, I felt pretty… Oh so pretty…. Oh sorry got off track singing there. 
Super Sweet Present!!


Dinner was PERFECT- some of the people I love and care about the most were there- minus my mom, stepdad, Monkey Boy and WoWzer (who had to work so NOT upset over that fact!) I haven’t been out like a grown up in, ummmmmm yeah I can’t tell you when, so it was so great to just chill and enjoy the company of the people who love me!! (they love me JUST LIKE I AM, tooalways a huge PLUS!!) ]

After dinner, I got to snuggle on Monkey while he was asleep and on Sunday I woke up to a sweet present he made me w/Ms. K and some awesome cupcakes he helped her make too!!!

I also woke up to a TON of Happy Birthday messages from friends and family all over the country!! :) :)  [ 

Told you it was cute!!! :)
Sunday I pulled off another CUTE hair style, if I may say so myself, and I took the boys to a Lexington Legends game.  (Great seats compliments of Monkey Boy’s Toyota Miracle League of the Bluegrass most amazing buddy and Monkey Boy’s biggest fan- next to mom of course!)


PLAY BALL!!! 





We enjoyed hot dogs and a couple drinks- then when Monkey was over stimulated we left the game and ended up at a local Mexican establishment for dinner and a rendition of “Feliz Cumpleanos” complete with sombrero and free sopapilla! Then later a great phone call with a wonderful friend who lives too far away! 

So all in all I will say my last days at 39 and my first at 40 have F'ing ROCKED!!!! I was reminded of what's most important and that's being with the people who love me, for me- not the quantity of guests at a party but the quality of the relationships you have with those guests!!

(I've also decided that when I have the time, I will TOTALLY be rocking more 1940’s inspired fashions and hair styles… I LOVE them!! Wish we had got some good pics… who knows maybe that’s my next “ME THING” a vintage photo shoot!!! OOOH now that sounds like fun!!!!)
My Inspiration- my Grandma in 1942 and me in 2013!!  

Love you all and I encourage you to love yourself- take time out every so often for yourself and you’ll discover what a huge difference it has on your outlook!!!

Love~~ ]]]
S~S [[[


No comments:

Post a Comment